The Centre strives to:
- Foster optimum development of each child’s physical, intellectual, emotional, social and creative skills through broad range of preschool and school age activities.
- Work co-operatively with parents to build and maintain communication between the home and school.
- Participate too co-operatively to help children with special needs.
- Recognize and be aware of each individual child’s developmental levels and encourage growth and advancement to the next stage of their development.
- Provide an environment where the children can learn about the world around them through a multicultural/anti bias program focus.
- Provide opportunities for healthy relationships with other children and adults based on respect, affection, and humor, freedom from bias or prejudice.
- Accommodate student placement.
Daily Routine will include:
- Creative activities
- Dramatic Play
- Music and Movement
- Sensory and Tactile Activities
- Active/Gross Motor Activities
- Fine Motor/Cognitive Activities
- Free Play
- Group/Educational Circle Time
- Washroom Routine
- Snack and Lunch Routine
- Rest Time
Staff plans weekly activities, special events and trips. All program plans are posted for parents in their children’s classroom.