Dear Parents, Guardians and Caregivers:
Throughout this time, we have been working very hard to complete and comply with all the revised guidelines and policies required to safely reopen our daycare center. In addition to the revised policies, we are providing training to all staff and related stakeholders on procedures that will be in place as we prepare for reopening.
Our opening date was set to August 4th, 2020 and to date, we have completed all requirements to meet the new guidelines and continue to prioritize the safely of our children and staff at all times.
In preparation of reopening, we will be sending out our revised policies and procedures and a small video tape of the inside of the daycare. As there are some changes on how things currently look, as well as changes in the daily routines they may have been accustomed to previously, you may want to talk to your child about how the daycare and staff may look different upon their re-entry.
We understand that this is a difficult situation to navigate for many parents; however, we are hopeful that everybody understands that the safety and well-being of all of our stakeholders is regarded as our highest priority.
As always, we are available to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to reach out with any questions and/or concerns.
Arpi Nursery School Inc.
After a long few months Arpi Nursery School is ready to re-open. The revised guidelines and policies required to safely reopen our daycare can be found here to download.
In addition to the revised policies, we have provided training to all staff and we have made change to how things currently look.
Due to the enhanced cleaning procedures we will be adjusting our operating hours temporarily:
Drop off between: 7:30 am and 9:30 am
Closing: 5:30 sharp
We will need this time to clean your child’s environment and toys, preparing for the next day..
We will have our cleaners come in every night as usual to do the major cleaning.
As always we will be maintaining a clean environment for our children and staff. There are some guidelines that we will be following and we would need everyone’s support and cooperation to be successful.
- When you arrive at the center we ask that only 1 parent accompanies their child inside the daycare.
- We have a screening area set up just inside the daycare doors.
- No parent will be allowed past the screening area.
- We do understand that this will be very difficult for both parents and children. (refer to website and see pictures)
When you first start back we will ask that a new emergency form is completed.
We ask that you do a preliminary screening at home before coming to daycare:
- Your child’s temperature will be taken (must be 37.8 or below)
- Screening question will be asked, if NO to all, then child can continue into center
- If YES then you will be asked to go to an assessment center and follow directions from Public Health.
When your child comes in:
- Your child will be accompanied by one of our staff (in PPE) to wash their hands and then go to their cubies and change into their indoor shoes. (Each child will need indoor shoes that will stay at daycare.)
They will be accompanied directly into their class where their day will begin, following their schedules and programs.
Children will be going outside as usual but we have suspended all water activities. Please send a spray sunscreen for your child.
Since we know your children miss their friends and teachers and the teachers have missed everyone, we must be mindful to keep physical distancing as a necessary requirement.
All staff has gone through strategies how to direct children in this challenging situation of physical distancing.
Be assured we will try our best to make sure your child still feels the warm loving and caring atmosphere that we at Arpi Nursery School have been known for.
At the end of the day we ask that you give us a call when you arrive and your child will be brought out to you.
- No food items from home will be accepted at this time…
- Infant and toddlers; a more specific letter will be going out to these parents before starting up.
- All items that you bring into the daycare have to be clearly labelled with your child name.
- Please bring in a light blanket for nap time, we will keep and launder the blanket at daycare.
- Indoor and outdoor shoes are a must.
- Only 2 sets of extra clothes will be kept in a nap sack. Clothes must be labelled individually
- Items needed: Hat, sunscreen, change of clothes, indoor shoes and light blanket.
- Telephone number for emergency should be up to date
- If you need to speak to your child’s teacher please feel free to call and we can convey any messages as usual or set up at a time that is convenient for both parties.